Sunday, December 1, 2013

Review: Allegiant

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Allegiant (Divergent #3)
Veronica Roth
Dystopia

The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. 

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love. 


Cover comments: This jacket is GORGEOUS in person. Like the others it's also a little 3D and makes you want to croon at it(:

So. The book that caused waves across the twitterverse. If you haven't read it because you've seen the negative reviews, I implore you to give it a chance anyway because many others and I found the twist kinda good actually. That's all I'll tell you. Now LEAVE. MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD. 

So unfortunately for me, a friend of mine, thinking that I had already finished the book blurted to me "so what do you think of the fact that she died??" ME: 

*pulls out notebook*
*hits her over the head while screaming bloody murder*

Honestly? I thought she should die. From the moment we understood someone would have to it seemed like the wrong thing to do for her to let someone else sacrifice themselves, and probably not even get the job done. Ironically, what pissed me off was not that she died, but that she didn't die the way I thought she should. So she's strongly Divergent therefore poison doesn't work on her? It's not a simulation- a strong and diverse mind shouldn't be able to stop toxic gas. No, she survives the death serum to be shot by David. Ugh, what? That situation could have been talked out of. Actually, should never have gotten there. Did it not occur to anyone to beat the passcode out of David instead of having someone killed? Shouldn't have been that hard, David trusted Tris at the time.

Another annoyance, this one that I shared with basically everyone, was that there was hardly a discernable difference between the POVs. I liked hearing from Tobias but he was not the boy we came to love from Divergent and Insurgent. I found myself flipping back to check who I was reading because the styles were the same! There could have at least been different font. 

Other than that? I definitely enjoyed reading it very much, hence the four stars, but there were enough problems that kept me from really getting excited. 

Confession: I might have given it 3 stars, but Lordy, THEN COVER. 
Rating: 

Have a happy December, everyone!!
Esty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for your comment! I absolutely love hearing from you- it makes the whole blogging experience worth it:)

If you have a blog leave me your link and I'll try to return the favor <3