Sunday, December 11, 2016

Dream Conference Panel !























Hi there! Recently I've been asked what my dream panel at a book conference would look like. I thought it was a great idea for a post and it got me thinking! So behold, the panels I'd sooo fly across the world to be part of.

Survival Skills in Unnatural Circumstances

Featuring:

Haymitch Abernathy and Sirius Black







Need I explain this one? Both Haymitch and Sirius have been through hell and back in their lives and still find the strength within to be sassy and lovable, and in their own ways, good parental figures to Katniss, Peeta, and Harry. I'd love to hear some practical advice about how to stay alive and (somewhat) sane in the arena and in Azkaban, and also about rehabilitating themselves (or not) in their lives afterwords.


Fantasy World-building 
Featuring:

JK Rowling and Rick Riordan

                                                                                     




















These two quite literally wrote my childhood. I'd spend hours dreaming I'm a witch and demigod, living out my days in Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood (yes, I said AND not OR. It's all possible when you're 10) .

As an adult still reading their books, I'm astounded as to how well-rounded the worlds they built are. Clues about characters' pasts or futures were always subtly present, all questions answered in wondrous ways we never expected but made perfect sense. The characters were full and complex, the worlds with clear rules and ways in which they worked. 

If these two ever did a panel you can bet I'd break the bank to be there. After crying and possibly just being in awed silence for a while, I'd ask for world-building tips in writing fantasy. 


So those are mine! I'd love to hear from you what panels (imaginary or not) you'd like to attend. Make your own post, or just comment below. Then check out Eventbrite and see what's actually happening near you! (You never know, you may get lucky 😉 ) or use their conference management tools to create and host your own amazing conference panel. Have a great week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for your comment! I absolutely love hearing from you- it makes the whole blogging experience worth it:)

If you have a blog leave me your link and I'll try to return the favor <3