Saturday, January 11, 2014

Review: Pictures of Hollis Woods

Pictures of Hollis WoodsPictures of Hollis Woods
Patricia Reilly Giff
Middle Grade 

Hollis Woods has been in so many foster homes she can hardly remember them all. When Hollis is sent to Josie, she’ll do everything in her power to make sure they stay together.

First off, announcement: I won't be blogging much, if it all, during the next month. Thankfully, what's keeping me busy is a great thing, except that I won't really be around on the internet. If you want to contact me, shoot me an email or a tweet, I'll still answer those! Also, I think I'll be able to do commenting back- so basically just no posting:(

Anyhoo, I picked up this book because my sister was reading it and it sounded good and we sell it at the store and what the heck. It had a lot of emotional potential- after all, Hollis is a 12 year old orphan looking for home. In truth, the feels only kicked in at the end. Most of the time it was a drag but I'm loathe to DNF even though there's so many other great things to read. It's dumb, I know.

All in all , I don't regret finishing it. It was a nice story, pretty short (we're talking 176 pages) and another Newbery Honor read under my belt. I would recommend it to a younger reader. If you're more to the impatient side, don't bother.
Rating:

Love, 
Esty

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of a foster kid story, but it's disappointing that any feels don't happen until the end because by then, so many other negative feelings have already built up. Great review, though!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for your comment! I absolutely love hearing from you- it makes the whole blogging experience worth it:)

If you have a blog leave me your link and I'll try to return the favor <3