Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday- Top 10 Bookish Memories!


Hey! This week's TTT is Top Ten Bookish Memories hosted by the Broke and Bookish. I've seen a lot of excitement and nostalgia around the blogosphere so far so here are mine! Warning- might be a lot of Harry Potter

1) I'm in 3rd grade, and my family and I go on a trip somewhere (honestly I don't remember where exactly we were!) and I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and it got late and everyone goes to sleep in our two adjoined hotel rooms. I wanted to stay up and read but the light bothered everyone so I stayed up in the bathroom reading on the toilet seat trying not to scream when Harry kissed Cho (remember I was 9 and Harry's first kiss was equivalent to mine!!) 

2) I'm in 4th grade and it's the loooong awaited night of HP7 release- the mall (which has the most popular local bookstore) was absolutely packed. If you didn't preorder, you'd be in line for HOURS. Now I was ten and did not know to do that but I did not give up hope and suggested to my mom we try that smaller, less known bookstore. And lo and behold, they had it! Without waiting in line AT ALL, I got my copy and was able to begin reading:) 

3) Same night, I was excited as hell and just HAD TO KNOW how the most famous series in the world ended so, I open to one of the last pages for a fraction of a second and see something like "... said Albus. No! replied James" obviously just invented that but something implying they were alive. Naturally I had a fit and went temporarily INSANE. 

4) In 5th grade, I had just gotten Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth and I refused to go to bed till I had finished it and my father came in at about midnight and got quite mad at me ("You have school tomorrow what is this irresponsibility?!") so I ended up going to sleep hugging my book and refusing to let go! 

5) 2 years ago when I read Mockingjay- for the first time IN MY LIFE  I **LITERALLY** burst in to tears at the end. SOBBING. I never sob. It was a refreshing first since I was a kid. (Or at least in a long time) 

6) Recently, getting tweeted by Scott Westerfeld, Sara Zarr, Kami Garcia, and Margaret Stohl. Tweeting is the closest  I'll get to meeting because I live overseas from every English speaking author I've ever read. It's so nice getting noticed by people like them!

7) Every time I lend a a Cassie Clare book to a friend and they call me in the middle of the night screaming. It never gets old. 

Well, that all I've got for now, but I might add to this post later as I remember. I really liked this topic!! Leave me your link below and I'll stop by! 
-Esty

2 comments:

  1. The fact that you were 10 at the release of Deathly Hallows makes me feel SO OLD! hehe ;)
    Love the thoughts of you sitting on an uncomfortable toilet to finish reading it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good Harry Potter memories. It's really amazing how those books seem to weave memories around them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for your comment! I absolutely love hearing from you- it makes the whole blogging experience worth it:)

If you have a blog leave me your link and I'll try to return the favor <3